What Does Spencerport Federal Credit Union Do With Your Personal Information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security Number and Income
- Account Balances and Payment History
- Account Transactions and Checking Account Information
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business.
In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Spencerport FCU chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information
Information We Share
You cannot limit this sharing.
- For our everyday business purposes—such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purpose—to offer our products and services to you for joint marketing with other financial companies.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies.
Information We Do Not Share
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your transactions and experiences.
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness.
- For nonaffiliates to market to you.
Who Is Providing This Notice?
Spencerport Federal Credit Union
What We Do
How Does Spencerport FCU Protect My Personal Information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Spencerport FCU regularly tests and assesses its information security measures, systematically trains employees, and adopts upgrades and enhancements as necessary to protect your information.
How Does Spencerport FCU Collect My Personal Information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an Acount or Deposit Money
- Pay your Bills or Apply for a Loan
- Use your Credit or Debit Card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why Can’t I Limit All Sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Spencerport FCU has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Spencerport FCU does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include insurance, auto sales, and other financial services companies.
Please contact us at 585-352-6890.