Who Can Join
Since its founding in 1962, Spencerport Federal Credit Union has provided quality products and services in a professional manner to its many members.
Effective September 18th, 2017, Spencerport Federal Credit Union’s Community Charter was expanded. The following people may be eligible to join the credit union:
- Those who live, work, worship, or attend school in Monroe or Orleans Counties, NY
- Those who actively volunteer within communities in Monroe or Orleans Counties, NY
- Immediate family members of current Spencerport Federal Credit Union members. (Spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, step-parent, step-child, step-sibling).
- Household members of current Spencerport Federal Credit Union members. (See definition below)
- The spouse of someone who died while part of the Spencerport Federal Credit Union field of membership.
Household member is defined as: Persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit. Any person who is a member of and participates in the maintenance of the household. (Includes sharing an apartment or house, domestic partners, or anyone living in the household with a demonstrated degree of permanency) Note: Residing in the same fraternity or sorority house, condominium complex, dorm, apartment building, or town home community would NOT be considered a single economic unit.
How to Join
Once you determine you may be eligible to join SFCU, you must come to the credit union during regular business hours with photo ID to open a Share Savings Account with at least $20 in it.
All new memberships are subject to verification through e-funds/Chex Systems.